Senior Researcher in Industrial Wireless Networks
Lakeside Labs is a research and innovation organization focusing on self-organizing networked systems. We are driven by our vision to create solutions for complex and autonomous systems using concepts from self-organization. We wish to shift the frontiers of digital technologies, be it multidrone systems, robot swarms, or massive sensor networks.
To further strengthen our team, we have an opening for a senior researcher position in industrial wireless networks.
- Actively participate in a four-year project on dependable, secure, and time-aware sensor networks
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communication protocols on different layers
- Collaborate with companies and research partners to realize use cases in IoT, smart building, and automotive
- Take responsibility in project management
- Publish in engineering journals and conferences
- Contribute to research project proposals on a national and European level
- Degree in electrical and computer engineering, computer science, or similar
- Research record proven by PhD or master with three years of job experience
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++ and embedded platforms
- Basic knowledge in wireless networking and communications
- Being passionate and open minded
You should be familiar with working in international teams and industrial projects. We expect business fluent English. German is welcome. Knowledge in Industrial IoT (e.g., IEEE 802.15.4x, LoRaWAN, Sigfox, Bluetooh LE), energy harvesting, or machine learning is a plus.
Lakeside Labs is located in the beautiful South of Austria, surrounded by Alps and lakes. Offices are in the Lakeside Science & Technology Park, adjacent to the university campus and international IT companies.
The contract will be based on 40 hours per week with an annual gross salary of at least 49.000 EUR depending on job experience and qualification. Lakeside Labs GmbH is committed to increasing the number of female scientific staff and specifically asks female researchers to apply for this job. The percentage of female staff members at Lakeside Labs is above 40 %.
Your application should include a letter of interest, CV, academic certificates and courses with grades, list of publications, and contact details of two references. Please submit your documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates should apply early, as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for personal interviews to Klagenfurt, Austria.