Senior Researcher in Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks (Network Protocols) (Job 16/09)
- Perform research and development in wireless sensor networks
- Develop and evaluate communication protocols on different layers, including methods for spatial diversity and QoS support
- Publish in high impact engineering journals and conferences
- Actively participate in a four-year national project on dependable, secure and time-aware sensor networks for industrial and automotive applications.
- Collaborate with other research institutions and company partners
- Acquire research projects with industry and other research institutions
The candidate is expected to have a PhD in electrical and computer engineering or computer science. Experience in several of the following fields is required:
- Wireless communications and networking
- Sensor networks
- Protocol design
- Modeling, simulation, and optimization (e.g., with Matlab, OMNet++)
- Programming in C/C++
You should be familiar with working in international teams and proposal writing for funding projects on national and EU level. We expect business fluent English. German is welcome.
Lakeside Labs is located in the beautiful South of Austria, surrounded by Alps and lakes. Offices are in the Lakeside Science & Technology Park, adjacent to the university campus and international IT companies.
The contract will be based on 40 hours per week with a gross salary of at least 50.400 EUR per year depending on job experience and qualification. Lakeside Labs GmbH is committed to increasing the number of female scientific staff and specifically asks female researchers to apply for this job.
Your application should include a letter of interest, CV, academic certificates and courses with grades, list of publications, and contact details of two references. Please submit your documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is December 31st, 2016. Interested candidates should apply early, as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for personal interviews to Klagenfurt, Austria.