Senior Researcher in Multi-Robot Systems
Lakeside Labs is a research and innovation company driven by the vision to create solutions for networked systems using concepts from self-organization. To further strengthen our team, we have an opening for a senior researcher position in multi-robot systems.
- Perform research in the field of multi-robot and multi-drone systems, including concepts of self-organization and swarm intelligence
- Work in a new, four-year European project on autonomous robotic inspection and maintenance of ships and storage tanks (Horizon 2020)
- Collaborate with companies and research partners
- Take responsibilities in project management
- Contribute to project proposals on a national and European level
- Doctoral degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, robotics, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or complex systems (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge in one of the following fields: multi-robot coordination, distributed algorithms, swarm algorithms, network dynamics, genetic algorithms, evolutionary design, ROS.
- Good programming skills in C/C++
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Being passionate and open minded; team player
Lakeside Labs is located in the beautiful South of Austria, surrounded by Alps and lakes. Offices are in the Lakeside Science & Technology Park, adjacent to the university campus and international IT companies.
The contract will be based on 40 hours per week with an annual gross salary of at least 51.000 EUR depending on job experience and qualification. The initial fixed-term contract may be converted into an open-ended contract. Lakeside Labs is committed to increasing the number of female scientific staff and specifically asks female researchers to apply for this job.
Your application should include a letter of interest, CV, academic certificates and courses with grades, list of publications, and contact details of two references. Please submit your documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com. The application deadline is November 30, 2019. Interested candidates should apply early, as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for personal interviews to Klagenfurt, Austria. Interview and relocation grants are available for selected candidates. The starting date will be in January 2020.