Senior Researcher in Complex Systems
Lakeside Labs is a research and innovation company driven by the vision to create solutions for networked systems using concepts from self-organization. To further strengthen our team, we have an opening for a senior researcher position in complex systems engineering with emphasis on robotics/drones and autonomous transportation.
- Perform outstanding research in the field of complex systems
- Publish in high-tier scientific journals and conferences
- Actively participate in research projects
- Collaborate with companies and research partners
- Take responsibility in project management
- Contribute to project proposals on a national and European level
The successful candidate will initially work, in a team of three researchers, in a European research project on design methods for cyber-physical systems with emphasis on swarm intelligence and its integration into a model-based library.
- Doctoral degree in engineering, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge in two or more of the following fields: distributed algorithms, control theory, networks, nonlinear systems, network dynamics, swarm intelligence, genetic algorithms, evolutionary design, learning, stochastic modeling, model-based development, robustness engineering, queuing theory, multi-agent systems, decision making, complexity theory, mobile robotics, and transportation systems.
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++
- Fluent in English
- Being passionate and open minded; team player
Lakeside Labs is located in the beautiful South of Austria, surrounded by Alps and lakes. Offices are in the Lakeside Science & Technology Park, adjacent to the university campus and international IT companies.
The contract will be based on 40 hours per week with an annual gross salary of at least 50.000 EUR depending on job experience and qualification. Lakeside Labs is committed to increasing the number of female scientific staff and specifically asks female researchers to apply for this job.
Your application should include a letter of interest, CV, academic certificates and courses with grades, list of publications, and contact details of two references. Please submit your documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates should apply early, as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for personal interviews to Klagenfurt, Austria. Interview and relocation grants are available for selected candidates.